Today, Sunday, August 23, 2020, marked the start of what looks like another schorching heat-wave here. So I pitched in during the morning at the home of my “scurry” partners Jeff and Mary Fasse-Shaw, to help with cutting up some of the deadfall along the creek on the west side of their property. We got a good start, but there’s a lot of fallen timber to be cleared there!
Eleven days and seven hours without, but the power is now back on at 104 W. Summit Street in Toledo. I’d estimate that for the duration we burned about 105 gallons of gas just to keep the fridge, my CPAP, one lamp, and two fans running. Glad to be back in the 21st century. Now, what’s all this I hear about a deadly virus and some political scuffles?
It’s the start of day number eleven, and still no power. Checked the forecast and it’s getting hot…so am I!
The power is still out here, almost 10 days after the derecho knocked it out. So many power restoration predictions have come and gone, I’ve lost count. Still I’m told that what we need is a one-man, 15-minute fix. Perhaps in the morning I’ll stretch our broken power line across the street and pitch a tent next door until an Alliant truck stops and gets this done. I know they are busy, but 15 minutes of one lineman’s time a week ago, when it was first “promised”, would have been so nice. I fixed my own Mediacom connection more than a week ago, and there’s evidence tonight that their service has been restored. So, if I had power, I think we would also have TV and internet. IF.
Been sitting in the endoscopy waiting room at MercyOne DSM since 10:50 AM and they haven’t even called Chris in to prep her yet. 😦 Gonna be a very long day.
Travis CI reminder… don’t forget to put my DockerHub credentials into the environment settings for my TCI repo! Things don’t work without them. 😕
Headed to see “Doctor Sleep” down the street.
Checked into the hotel around 1:30, grabbed lunch at Potbelly, got a little work done, walked to dinner with Mason, and I’m back to preparing for tomorrow.
Got Mack checked in to the ER at Mercy.
Just checking in from Arkansas
Seattle, by train.
On the cho-cho to Portland.
Vancouver has been wonderful. Only problem with this trip is that I arrived in the dark, and will depart in the dark.
Working from the airport and decided I finally need to get the “location” of my microposts to appear. What do you think?
This location thing really works!
Using voice commands while on the road and testing my daughter’s fine work and posting to this blog.
The power is still out here, has been for more than an hour now. However, I am not going to let that stop me from posting this!
Taking a short break to sit by the fire and make s’mores. #familynight
Nice work Mackenzie! You're hired! This micro-post is being composed using Shortcuts.
Posting from my iPhone while camped at Squaw Creek in Marion.
Trying to take Travis CI for a spin to auto-update this blog for me. 😀
Just a quick note/reminder… look at improving this blog workflow using Travis CI per this documentation and this post. Also, check out this iOS app.
Please don’t judge too harshly, this is a (perpetual?) work-in-progress!
From June 11th through the 23rd, we (that’s me, Chris, her brother Mark, sister Deb, and Deb’s husband, Doug) traveled to Norway. Our rough itinerary was:
- Tuesday/Wednesday, June 11-12 - Travel: Flew Minneapolis to Paris, to Oslo, to Kirkenes, Norway. A very long day!
- Thursday, June 13 - Kirkenes: Land of the midnight sun, with a side-trip into Finland.
- Friday, June 14 - Kirkenes: Boarded the MS Finnmarken for a 5-day cruise to Bergen
- Saturday, June 15 - MS Finnmarken: With a breakfast excursion to Nord Capp (North Cape).
- Sunday, June 16 - MS Finnmarken:
- Monday, June 17 - MS Finnmarken:
- Tuesday, June 18 - MS Finnmarken: With a dinner excursion on The Atlantic Road.
- Wednesday, June 19 - Bergen: Strolled through the port, fish market, and Edvard Grieg Square.
- Thursday, June 20 - Nesflaten: Drove our rental to Nesflaten with a stop in Røldal, then a stroll around town with our host, Magne.
- Friday, June 21 - Nesflaten: Visited the Jordebrek and Olsen farms, drove to Sand and back, for a family dinner in the evening.
- Saturday, June 22 - Oslo: Drove across Telemark, through Nottoden, to Oslo for our departure.
- Sunday, June 23 - Travel: Flew Oslo to Bergen, to Reykjavik, to Minneapolis.