Norway - June 2019
From June 11th through the 23rd, we (that’s me, Chris, her brother Mark, sister Deb, and Deb’s husband, Doug) traveled to Norway. Our rough itinerary was:
- Tuesday/Wednesday, June 11-12 - Travel: Flew Minneapolis to Paris, to Oslo, to Kirkenes, Norway. A very long day!
- Thursday, June 13 - Kirkenes: Land of the midnight sun, with a side-trip into Finland.
- Friday, June 14 - Kirkenes: Boarded the MS Finnmarken for a 5-day cruise to Bergen
- Saturday, June 15 - MS Finnmarken: With a breakfast excursion to Nord Capp (North Cape).
- Sunday, June 16 - MS Finnmarken:
- Monday, June 17 - MS Finnmarken:
- Tuesday, June 18 - MS Finnmarken: With a dinner excursion on The Atlantic Road.
- Wednesday, June 19 - Bergen: Strolled through the port, fish market, and Edvard Grieg Square.
- Thursday, June 20 - Nesflaten: Drove our rental to Nesflaten with a stop in Røldal, then a stroll around town with our host, Magne.
- Friday, June 21 - Nesflaten: Visited the Jordebrek and Olsen farms, drove to Sand and back, for a family dinner in the evening.
- Saturday, June 22 - Oslo: Drove across Telemark, through Nottoden, to Oslo for our departure.
- Sunday, June 23 - Travel: Flew Oslo to Bergen, to Reykjavik, to Minneapolis.